Want to read more? Support the wrapping obsession!

Feel free to "tip" the writer if you enjoy what you read! All paypal tips will go to her babies' comfort and her multitasking abilities via wrap purchases.
#WillWriteForWraps TIP JAR

Monday, October 12, 2015

Pavo Presents: Paradise

When Pavo Textiles announced they would be doing a tour of "trunk shows", devoted fans of the company ("Pavotees", as they affectionately call themselves) planned trips from far and wide to be a part of the experience. While no one exactly what to expect, everyone knew without a doubt that just like their product, whatever they planned for the event would be amazing. I, being rather new to the wrapping scene, bought a ticket to the Austin show with naive excitement, having never even touched a Pavo wrap before.

I came with a friend more well-versed in Pavo textiles, and felt shyly aware that the mei tai I was wearing was definitely not of the same caliber as the wraps I had come to see. However, though I may have come in feeling like a pauper, I was treated like royalty! From the champagne I was greeted with upon entering, to lovely tote bag and notebook I received simply for being there, to the catered dinner and wonderful door prizes, Pavo designed an evening of enjoyment for parents who have forgotten--between sleepless nights and tantrum-filled days--what it means to truly be pampered.

Champagne anyone?


The exclusive wraps sold for the event included Gotham Charm, Otomi Trinity, Unicornio Fondant, Fable Wild Blueberry, Fable Bae, and introduced for the first time in Texas, Fable Lagoon. The textiles were breathtaking, the accoutrements (including precious snakes and birds!) were beautiful, and the Pavotees were wonderful company to share in this spectacular evening. If anyone left without buying a wrap, I would like to meet them and ask where on earth they got their will power! In my line of vision I saw women (and men!) with at least one tote bag in hand...and sometimes two or three!

As we dined and discussed, gasps and murmurs washed over the crowd as unreleased wraps soon appeared with "try out" babies to accompany them! I had the chance to try on "XOXO", which I have been swooning over for the last week. (Hint: Be looking for a release timing similar to K&K). Erin even gave knot-tying lessons as slightly tipsy women ogled over smooth, lucious wovens. I say with giddy excitement that "XOXO" was my very first Pavo wrap use. I chose to use my own daughter for the testing, and I have to say Millie gave it one big gummy smile!



We ended the evening with door prizes which included pouches (with hidden wooden hearts!), tshirts (with hidden gold tickets!!), and more! We cheered for every person who won, and hung around chatting with our new friends until they kicked us out. If you ever wondered what it would be like to spend a night with the founders and pavorazzi of your favorite textile business, just imagine that greatness with an open bar!

I wish I could speak to the experience of VIPavotees, but alas! Maybe next year. I will say that it is worth the price, considering the ticket comes with a wrap, tshirt, mug, tote bag, and GOLDEN TICKET! As to the chance to spend one-on-one time with the brilliant and beautiful women behind Pavo? Priceless.

So, if you're in the Pacific Northwest and trying to decide if it's worth it.....do I really need to say more to convince you?

XOXO,
Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment