Want to read more? Support the wrapping obsession!

Feel free to "tip" the writer if you enjoy what you read! All paypal tips will go to her babies' comfort and her multitasking abilities via wrap purchases.
#WillWriteForWraps TIP JAR

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The Woman Behind Twirleez

When Twirleez partnered up with Colorful Baby, I found myself giddy to see the creations that awaited us. I was not disappointed. The blankets, scarves, and-oh my!-the hippo are absolutely perfect. They speak to the beautiful wrap designs of Miranda Kay and the talented sewing fingers of Kelly Pfau Borsman. I couldn't help but speak to Kelly about how she came to this wonderful collaboration, and I learned quite a bit about this awesome woman. Kelly, wife of 12 years with five beautiful babies, has been sewing since childhood. Learn more about her in our conversation below...



Why team up with Miranda Kay of Colorful Baby?

Teaming up with Miranda is super cool. She is already an established online business, people love her wraps, and it gives me the opportunity to create stuff without as much overhead. Plus she lived in my town and is super sweet and kind.

When is the first time you touched a sewing machine? What was it like?

Oh gosh.... My mom taught me. I think I was like 9 or 10. My first 'big' project was an apron for 4-H. My mom had an old vintage black metal Singer machine that was my great grandma's. It was ancient but created so many things.

What is your favorite thing it has ever created?

Hmm that's a hard one.... I've made my baby's blankets, and clothes and toys. That WcMT (Wrap Conversion Mei Tai)! That was fun. Some super fun costumes for the kiddos. I can't really come up with one thing, the list grows as I think of what I've made over the years.

So you still use that same machine?

No, it finally got retired about 5 years ago.

Did your mom, grandma, or great grandma sew for a living?

No, it was just for household use. My mom made us clothes and curtains and bedding.

Do you consider this to be a job for you?

I guess I haven't sold enough to really consider it a job. I just enjoy sewing! So to be able to sell is a fun bonus.

How does it make you feel to imagine that your creation could become a baby's first toy or dedicated blankie?

Oh I love that part! I love thinking about people using them! And hopefully enjoying them.

Miranda gave me this quote about you: "Her work and sewing abilities are impeccable."

Oh wow!!!!! That totally made my day!!!!!


If you want to purchase some of the Twirleez goodies, please check out http://www.mycolorfulbaby.com/twirleez/.


No comments:

Post a Comment